As the UK immigration system becomes increasingly complex, compounded of course by Brexit, it is vital that HR professionals have a clear understanding of the right to work issues.
In June, our Global Mobility & Immigration team will be holding a series of training workshops designed to provide HR professionals with key practical information and knowledge to manage these issues in their business. This is an essential training session for HR professionals involved in the recruitment and retention of non-UK nationals and will cover all of the key immigration considerations for employers throughout the employment life cycle with a particular focus on the sponsorship of migrant workers under tier 2.
We will cover the following:
- Visitors and their permitted business activities.
- EEA nationals: the current and future position in light of Brexit.
- Non-sponsored visas: who can work without a sponsoring employer?
- Tier 2 sponsorship: obtaining and retaining a licence and sponsoring workers under Tier 2.
- Tier 4: employing students and recent graduates.
- Compliance: sponsor compliance audits and right to work checks.
- Employment v immigration: discrimination in recruitment, balancing competing employment and immigration considerations when right to work issues arise.
Location & dates
|Birmingham||Tuesday 4th June|
|Manchester||Thursday 6th June|
|Nottingham||Tuesday 11th June|
|Leeds||Thursday 13th June|
|London||Thursday 20th June|
|Leicester||Tuesday 25th June|
Cost & timings
Registration will take place from 9am and finishing by 1pm when lunch will be served. There will be networking opportunities during registration, coffee breaks and over lunch.
£40 inclusive of VAT per delegate including lunch. This course qualifies for three CPD hours.